Many Inventors trying to make their product ideas showcase are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I would provide a regarding some of the reasons you could have gotten denied. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully it will give you something to look at.
You wish to realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers game! Yes, you still need to own a good idea but you’ll find that irrespective of how to obtain a patent good an idea you might imagine it that you may still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it does not make sense to you that they would reject an example that they agree that i see profitable. Below are some common reasons why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. The business may now have a complete collection of products and not looking to add much more.
2. Makes use of is outside their target market.
3. You sent your submission towards the wrong person in the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it on the right one.
4. You sent are interested to produce unsolicited without contacting vehicle first to find their submission policy, and they usually rejected it solely on that essence.
5. You did not have proper contact about your submission move. (That is one of the highest mistakes Inventors make. The company will not bother to monitor you up.)
6. They’ve got too many similar services that market is flooded plenty of.
7. Your idea draws a minimal niche market and they want mass market items.
8. The price to manufacture versus the return on investment is just too high.
9. Profits sheet don’t WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with significantly information to sort through.
10. Goods has already been patented by someone else and don’t want to determine if they goes around it or risk infringement factors.
11. Your product or idea isn’t much better than what is on the actual marketplace. This tells them you didn’t research your idea very nicely and don’t need a clue who competitors is looking.
12. You sent a specific thing that is exactly like their current product and that current strategy is a marginal seller. So yours will not fare any benefit.
13. Your idea is outdated or www.reddit.com perhaps on the downswing when what isn’t too far off out one year afterwards.
14. They already have a better solution than yours involving works for release that coming annualy. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea regardless of whether the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior to your Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Goes on a significant. Inventors forget that they are not the only ones creating.)
15. They have received a similar idea from another Inventor and are in negotiations with this Inventor.
16. Include posted your idea unprotected online inside a of those invention posting sites where others vote on goods to see if there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the actual concerned whether any patent protection properly allowed and turns it down in keeping with that issue.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the significant prototype on youtube and have a significant connected with hits. It can raises the concern whether any patent would be possible because of your public disclosure.
18. You stated which you’ve got an issued patent a product, whenever they participate in a quick browse your patent they identify that it has lapsed due to non-payment of fees and it’s been lapsed significantly beyond the due associate with. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. You have a patent, can be challenging was poorly written and will not cover a lot more product. (This happens a lot)
20. You then have a design patent and designing around your patent is an easy task, which means they can get very little protection in the marketplace.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t from outside ideas and does not publicize i don’t know. So you get a rejection letter, but it doesn’t explain they just don’t look right out the company.
22. You sent them your product but these have decided about their line for the year or go with the following year and are not open to taking on anything else at that time.
23. Sufficiently consider items with a sales history they can review together item by no means been in production or sold stores or online. In order that they do not want to consider the risk to become the first company to offer it.
As I stated above these are just a few belonging to the reasons you can have your idea/product rejected a new company. Really take time to research the offers completely and understand your market, your invest that market and seek information part things yourself as marketable as possible.